Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Guest Design Card for Crafting by Designs

Three stamped tea cups, three strips of black satin ribbon, and three little red blings in the corner = 3 of something x 3.  And, it just so happens that the theme this week at Crafting by Designs is Three of Something.  As a September Spotlight Winner, I was invited to join their wonderful design team (they chose my card; they must be wonderful) and create something for their fun challenge.

The tea cup stamp is from Stampin' Up, the steam swirl and "Thanks" stamps are from CTMH.  The DP is also from CTMH, but it started out as black and white with a bit of gray.  Then I decided to make it match the cups by sponging the entire piece with the same ruby ink that I used for the cups.  I liked it!  Then I thought I'd add some texture by embossing it.  After that I had to add a just bit more color because some of the white paper core broke through from the embossing.  With the black satin ribbon, I think it makes a pretty classy thank you card.

I hope you'll be including 3 of something on one of your projects and linking it to the challenge at Crafting by Designs

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - Thanks, Thank You 
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #228 - Thank You or Thanksgiving
Always Playing with Paper Challenge #51 - Inspiration Photo  (The cups were my inspiration.)
Creative Corner Challenge - Black & White + 1 color
Simon Says Stamp Momnday Challenge - Thanks/Thanksgiving
Southern Girls Challenge - Twine, Tape, or Ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Why can't I remember you can color and emboss patterned paper? Coloring that paper red and embossing it really classes up the whole project.

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - very elegant! And embossing the patterned paper is a really clever touch.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    Cuttlebug Mania DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful and I love that awesome background you made!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the fabulous embossed background. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB embossing! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge, hope that you are able to join us again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice project and beautifully executed. Congratulations on your win and thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the mix of stamping and embossing. Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.